The fifty-third meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality (ACCSQ) was held from 13th to 14th July, 2020, and the ASEAN (US, ISO) Meeting was convened by the ASEAN Secretary General on 20 July 2020 via Video conference (online). Accordingly, the Director General of Department of Research and Innovation, Deputy Director General of the National Standards and Quality Department and relevant department heads attended the meetings.
Representatives from ASEAN countries Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam; Representatives from the ASEAN Secretariat; and Representatives from the United States and the ISO participated in these meetings.
The meetings had been discussed under the following sectors:
- Monitoring and Evaluation in the ASEAN Standards and Conformance Strategic Plan 2016 – 2025,
- Reviewing and Finalizing ASEAN Framework Agreement on Mutual Recognition Arrangements (AFA-MRA) among ASEAN Member States,
- Progress Reports submitted by the ACCSQ Working Groups and Product Working Groups,
- Progress on the Identification of New Sectors,
- Progress with countries working to establish a free trade area linked to ASEAN,
- Providing Technical Assistance Program in cooperation with ASEAN.