The fifty-fifth(55th) Meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality (ACCSQ) was held on 15-16 June, 2021, and the dialogue partners session ( PTB, US and ISO) with ASEAN was convened by the ASEAN Secretariat on 17 June 2021 via video conference meeting. Accordingly, Director General (Acting) , Department of Research and Innovation, Director (Responsible) of the National Standards and Quality Department and relevant department heads attended the meetings.
Representatives from ASEAN countries Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam; Representatives from the ASEAN Secretariat; and also the speakers from relevant dialogue partners participated in these meetings.
According to the agenda, the meeting has been discussed the following sectors:
- Follow up Actions on matters arising from 54th ACCSQ Meeting
- Signing MRAs on relevant sectors according to ASEAN Framework Agreement
- Harmonization of Standards in ASEAN Member States
- Monitoring ASEAN Standards and Conformance Strategic Plan 2016-2025
- Progress reports submitted by ACCSQ Working Groups and Product Working Groups
- Cooperation with Dialogue Partners to establish free trade areas (FTAs) and other sectors’ progress
The Fifty Fifth (55th) Meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality (ACCSQ)