The 48th Meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality(ACCSQ) Working Group on Standards (WG1) was held in Boracay, Philippines on 11-12 May, 2023 convened by the ASEAN Secretariat . AMS Representatives from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam and ASEAN Dialogue partners including EU ARISE PlUS , IEC , Japan (METI) and PTB (Germany) participated in the meeting. As (WG1, ACCSQ) focal person from Myanmar, Director, Standards Development Division(SDD), National Standards and Quality Department (NSQD) was also participated with other AMS.
According to the meeting agenda, the followings had also been discussed:
- Follow up of Actions on matters arising from the 48th WG1 Meeting
- Updates on Recent Development in ASEAN Economic Integration Initiatives
- Harmonization of Standards identified by ACCSQ Product Working Group (PWGs)
- Harmonization of Standards for New Areas identified by ACCSQ
- ASEAN Dialogue Partners sessions
49th WG1-ACCSQ Meeting (11-12 May, 2023)