The 45th meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality(ACCSQ) Working Group on Standards (WG1) was held from 24th to 25th May, 2021 and the ASEAN Dialogue Partners was convened by the ASEAN Secretary General via Video Conferencing system (online).
Representatives from ASEAN member states including Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam; Representatives from the ASEAN Secretariat; and ASEAN Dialogue Partners from Japan, EU ARISE PLUS, PTB, ISO and IEC participated in the meeting. As (WG1/ACCSQ) representative from Myanmar, Delegation Head of Myanmar Standards Body and colleagues attended these meeting.
According to the meeting agenda, the following sectors had been discussed.
- Follow up of Actions on matters arising from the 44th WG1 Meeting
- Harmonization on the new version of EEE standards from JSC EEE’s deliberation outcome
- Updates on Harmonization of Standards for 20 Priority Products, Safety and EMC Standards
- Outcomes from the relevant Product Working Groups and identified standards Harmonization at AMS level
- Collaboration between ASEAN WG1 and Dialogue Partners (EU ARISE PLUS, Japan, PTB, ISO and IEC
The 45th Meeting of the ASEAN Consultative Committee for Standards and Quality – Working Group on Standards (ACCSQ – WG 1) on 24-25 May 2021